Fire Suppression Gasket for Outlet Boxes 3/8" thick to fit 4" sq box
- At only 3/8” thick, the gasket-like FireBløk™ is placed in the back of of metal electrical boxes to maintain the integrity of the fire rated wall assemblies, limiting the passage of flames and limiting the temperature rise of unexposed surfaces.
- Applicable Standards: ATSM E-814-10 Standard Method for Fire Tests of Through-Penetration Fire Stops. UL- ANSI/UL 263 (US) and CAN/ULC-S101 (Canada) as listed in the guide information for CLIV and CLIV7.
- The FireBløk™ is certified for 1 hr & 2 hr U300, U400, V400 and U411 wall assemblies with metal electrical boxes and plastic or metal cover plates.
- Installs incredibly easily: Remove protective liner from adhesive tape on back; align edge to top of box and center gasket.
- Installation of FireBløk™ must comply with the national electrical code (NFPA no.70) to allow access to the ground screw – and (unlike pads) FireBløk™ provides the pre-formed holes to give easy access.
- Plus, FireBløk™ has an sound attenuation rating of 52, which will help deaden sound transmission between rooms (something the AID is pushing!)
- Approved for use with BOTH plastic and metal faceplates